Circle Properties (Mathsonline Unit)
Week 10 - final week of term!!!
Started Circle Properties unit. On Thursday I'll give you the booklet of worksheets. We will complete 5 worksheets (6 for A level students) then on Friday you'll solve 7 questions in class from the different ideas covered in the worksheets. This will count as an assessment but I'll only count it if you've completed your worksheets online. You may spend classtime doing sheets and enter them at home. You may want to use computers at lunchtime.
The worksheets are set for you when you login:
1. Definitions & Terms - (enter answers)
2. Angles on the same arc (enter answers) - butterfly
3. Angles at the centre (enter answers) - Star Trek
4. Angles in a semicircle (enter answers)
5. Cyclic Quadrilaterals (enter answers)
6. Tangent properties (A-Level only) (enter answers)
7. 20 minutes revision
8. 7 question Quiz. (on the paper only)
Chapter 4: Simultaneous Equations
Class Quiz on simultaneous equations
Collect and mark books.
Week 7 - Thursday
First we looked at test results and made a decision about what we will each do differently to improve our results in Maths.
Substitution method to solve simultaneous equations
Ex 4B Q2 a, b, c, e
You could also look at Mathsonline
I have set a task and you can listen to the tutorial.
Revision: Ch 1 & 2
Week 7 - Tuesday
TEST - Chapter 1 & 2. Make sure you have a calculator.
*Know your "powers by heart" table and "index laws"
*Try every question.
*You must try the APPLICATIONS questions.
Week 7 - Monday
The only way to study for a Maths test is to
Reading over your work is never enough.
Revision lesson # 2 - Chapter 2 - EQUATIONS
1. 1 page multiple choice revision questions.
2. Chapter Review p 52. Answers begin p 802
*2A - Substitution
*2B - Adding & Subtracting Algebraic Fractions - NEED LCD!
*2C - Multiplying & Dividing Fractions
- cancel common factors
- to divide, change divide to multiply and invert SECOND
*2D - Solving Linear Equations - you should be able to do Q 10
in 30 seconds each.
*2E - Solving equations with algebraic fractions & multiple brackets.
-find LCM and multiply EVERY term
3. Mathsonline - Year 9&10 / Algebra / Equations & Inequations
Week 6 - Friday
Revision Lesson #1 - Chapter 1 - INDICES
How can I revise for my exam???
1. Write out 8 index laws again.
2. Write out "powers to know by heart" again.
3. Redo selected questions from exercises you have done already.
4. Little revision sheet (8 questions)
5. Do Chapter 1 Review p 24. Answers start on page 800
6. Rehearse Koala problem.
7. Mathsonline - Year 9&10 / Algebra / Indices
Ch 2: Linear Algebra
Week 6 - Thursday
Ex 2E A 3 a c e g i j k
Q4 a c e g *i, * j *l
Start Revision - write out the Index Laws 3 times ready for tomorrow.
Week 6 - Monday
Solving equations with algebraic fractions & multiple brackets.
Ex 2E 1 d g h k l then a f i
2 a c g i
Week 5 - Thursday
1. Complete ex 2D Q 11,12,13 (alternate parts
2. Do worksheet on Mathsonline by Sunday Lunchtime.
Week 5 - Tuesday
Solving Linear Equations
Ex 2D Q 1 - 5 alternate parts
Q 6 & 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Week 5 - Monday
Multiplying & dividing algebraic fractions.
Ex 2C 1 b e h k
2 a c e g i
3 b e h k
4 a b c d
Optional (to get ahead)
solving Linear Equations
Ex 2D Q 1-5 (alternate parts)
Week 4 - Friday
Adding & subtracting algebraic fractions - harder questions
Ex 2B Question 4
Week 4 - Thursday
Adding & subtracting algebraic fractions
Ex 2B Q 1, 2, 3, 4 (alternate parts) - we'll do 4 tomorrow.
Week 4 - Monday
Ex 2A 1, 2, 3, 4 (alternate parts)
Ch 1 : INDICES
Week 4 - Monday
Change the numbers to start with 4 koalas & have 10 after 1 year.
Week 3 - Thursday
Continue working on combining index laws.
Ex 1D 2 (alt), 3 (alt), 4 (a,d,e), 5 (a,c,e) , 6 (a, b)
* 7, ** 8, 11 (c, e)
Week 3 - Tuesday
Today we learnt the powers method to simplify fractional indices.
Ex 1C 4 , 11, 5
Ex 1D Q1 - (alternate parts) combining laws
Week 3 - Monday
Start Fractional Indices
Ex 1C alternate parts 1, 2, 3
Mark your work
Week 2 - Thursday
Quiz: Powers to know by heart (if >90seconds then writeout 3 times)
7 index laws
Ex 1B Q 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (try your best to finish it)
Week 2 - Monday
Quiz: Powers to know by heart
6 Index laws
Ex 1B Q 1 (alt), 2 (alt)
Mark your work